The Consultation OverviewDon't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how trivial or how personal you think they'll sound. In fact, it's a good idea to write down your questions, beforehand, so you won't forget any of them, and to make a note of Dr. Sproule's answers as well.
Here are a few general things to look for in your consultation:
Dr. Sproule will answer all of your questions thoroughly, in a language you can understand.
- He will ask about your motivation and expectations, discuss them with you, and ask for your feedback to his recommendations.
- He will offer alternatives, where appropriate, without pressuring you to consider unnecessary procedures.
- He will welcome questions about professional qualifications, experience, costs, and payment policies.
- He will make clear not only the risks of surgery, but also the possible variations in outcome.
- He will make sure the final decision is yours.